Health insurance can take a sizeable chunk out of your family budget, especially if you aren’t lucky enough to have an employer who pays part of your premium. To get the best value for your money, you need to take the time to compare health insurance quotes so you get a policy that fits your budget and your needs.
Find Quotes to Compare
The fastest and easiest way to get health insurance quotes quickly is to go to an insurance comparison website. There you fill out a simple online application and you’ll receive quotes from several A-rated companies that you can compare.
What Plan Features Do You Need?
As you compare the quotes, look for which ones offer plan features that are important to you. For example, do you need a policy that …
* Allows you to continue seeing your current providers with no extra cost
* Allows you to visit specialists without approval
* Covers any pre-existing conditions you may have
* Includes preventive care coverage
* Includes prescription drug coverage
* Includes coverage for diagnostic tests
* Includes coverage for surgery and emergency care
* Covers rehabilitation therapy
* Includes prenatal and maternal care coverage
* Offers additional coverages like mental health, dental, and vision
How Much Does the Plan Cost?
In addition to finding a plan that offers the features you need, you also need to find a plan you can afford. As you compare plans, look at all the plan costs:
* Monthly premium
* Annual deductible
* Annual out-of-pocket limit
* Coinsurance rate
* Co-payment amount
* Out-of-network charges
* Lifetime cap
You must take all of these costs into mind when you compare quotes. Just choosing a plan with a low monthly premium will not help you save money of your health insurance if you later find you cannot afford the co-payment or deductible.